Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Important Organic

While it is way too pricey for me to eat all organic there are certain items, especially produce, that are very important to buy organic because of the ridiculous levels of pesticides used.
Here are 12 produce items that should be in top priority when buying organic (high-pesticide items):
  1. Apples
  2. Celery
  3. Cherries
  4. Grapes
  5. Lettuce
  6. Nectarines
  7. Pears
  8. Potatoes
  9. Spinach
  10. Strawberries
  11. Sweet Bell Peppers
  12. Peaches
I know what you're thinking, because I was thinking it too when I first read this list, "I just bought every single item on that list...." Don't fret, pesticides are only strong chemicals used to kill insects and small animals....umm
To help you feel better about yourself here are 12 items that do not necessarily have to be bought organic (low-pesticide items):
  1. Asparagus
  2. Avocados
  3. Bananas
  4. Broccoli
  5. Cabbage
  6. Eggplant
  7. Kiwis
  8. Mangoes
  9. Onions
  10. Pineapples
  11. Sweet Corn
  12. Sweet Peas
And after I read this list I found myself thinking I need to eat more asparagus just because I don't have to buy it organic....

2 comments:

  1. hey girl...you and i have so much in common. i've been studying alternative health since gracey was born. i actually just found out that bananas are treated with 2 different chemicals that are known to cause birth defects, so we only eat organic ones now. would love to get together with you some time.
    robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i didn't realize the issue with bananas was that serious.
    Yes, we need to get together! Let me know when....

    ReplyDelete