Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Beginning of it All.....

Having a child has changed my life. I know all you moms out there are thinking, "Well...duh!", but it has changed my life in ways other than the level of difficulty it is to find  a moment to take a shower or make a trip to Wal-Mart. Is it just me or does the distance from the car to the doors get longer and hotter once you have a child?
This whole story covers about a year and a half span of time, so I am going to try to just hit on the basics and leave out the foofy details (yes, I said foofy). It all began when Matt and I found out we were pregnant. It was kind of like a ridiculously fantastic smack in the face. You know one of those woo hoo/OMG moments? We decided we didn't want to have a conventional hospital birth, but rather go the midwife/homebirth route. I know you may think I am brave for that, but I'm most assuredly not. It was all God's peace and an amazing group of people. It was this amazingly awesome, unbelievably splendid group of people that began the lifestyle that birthed the desire for most of the things this blog will contain.
My midwife, Christy (who is ridiculously awesome, have I mentioned that?), taught me a lot about what to eat, what to avoid and lifestyle choices while I was pregnant, then my chiropractor, Jim Bob (the super hero chiropractor) and all the people at their office, took it a step further. My daughter is 8 months old now and because of their influence and crazy amounts of research we decided to go vaccine free, have regular adjustments and live a greener life.
As far as the creative side goes I must give the props to my fabulous mama Dianne. Anyone who remotely knows her will tell you that she is a flippin' creative genius and I think it may have rubbed off on me, well maybe not to the genius level quite yet, but I'm working on it.
The Clean side of the blog came from living in a house that was going to be sold and having to "stage" it. Being forced to keep my house clean because someone my drop by to view it any moment is a great push in the right direction as far as putting away all the randomness that invades the house. After seeing how much nicer it was to live in a clean, organized house I can never return to the dark side!
SO with all that said, I hope it made some sort of sense, my blogging goal is to pass on information I have squeezed out of important people in my life and that I have gather along the way to YOU people out there.

1 comment: