Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Diaper Rash Craziness

So, Faelyn was 8 months old yesterday and had never really had any issues with diaper rash until maybe 2 weeks ago. She broke out with this crazy rash that didn't get any better no matter what I did. Of course I started out putting on some herbal cream a wonderful friend of mine had given me, but after diligently lathering it on every hour and seeing no difference I started using a traditional diaper cream...still no change. What did I do you ask? I called my super hero chiropractor Jim Bob of course! Why would I call a chiropractor about a diaper rash you ask? Because him and his awesome wife Cindy have a vitamin for everything! Seriously, you have a problem...they know the vitamin for the job. All you geniuses out there are thinking, "This is an easy one! It has to be vitamin E, the one that says its for healthy skin right on the bottle!". Well, I must tell you in a loving way that you are WRONG! Vitamin A is the correct answer today ladies and gentlemen. I bought the gel capsules, broke a few open and rub the oil on the infected skin at diaper changes. I already noticed the scabbing getting better and Faelyn doesn't seem as bothered by it. But where did it come from?! Jim Bob said that when a baby is teething the acidity levels in their urine rise which can cause a diaper rash. Huh....so simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment